PTFE Filter Material
- PTFE is rated ultra tech by AOG, because it is “ultimately” used for harsh chemical environments at very high working temperatures (continuously at 240 – 250°C), along with good waterproofing and excellent chemical resistance (resistant to acid and alkali corrosion), PTFE filter material has an optimal combination, high quality superior to PPS, Nomex, P84 fibers.
What is PTFE fiber?
- PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) is a polymer synthetic fiber, which with a very dense density produces very fine fibers capable of providing good filtration performance. Because of its very high density, its fiber mass is quite low, to achieve the same fiber mass as in polyester felt 550 g/m², PTFE would need about 850 g/m². A typical PTFE felt sheet has a specific gravity of about 0.65, while polyester is typically 0.30.
- PTFE comes in 2 forms white and brown. White is the pure fiber used (can come into direct contact with food). The brown color of PTFE is produced by recycling and residues of some chemicals produced during the production process.
- PTFE synthetic fibers are highly waterproof and oil-resistant.
Main characteristics of PTFE filter materials
- Strengths: PTFE heat-resistant dust filter bag has capable of heat resistance up to 280°C. Very high dust filtration and chemical resistance, good adhesion resistance.
- Disadvantages: Expensive price range. The strength of bonding from fiber-to-fiber is not tight, and easy to break, so when using PTFE filter bags, Tan Thanh always requires the bag frame to have 14-20 vertical bars or more to support the bag. The surface of the material is easily separated, so if you want to use it well, you need to pay attention to the problem of low filtration speed to increase filtration efficiency.
PTFE filter materials manufacturers
- From the excellent nature of PTFE, typical manufacturers such as Gutsche (Germany) and AOG (Japan – India) have researched and developed exclusive technologies to help create different PTFE series, capable of meeting both harsh working conditions as well as Zero Emission emission requirements.
- PTFE fiber is inherently very waterproof, does not absorb moisture, and can withstand ultraviolet radiation, so it is rare to apply treatments to the surface. However, manufacturers still have some enhanced processing methods available such as increased collection (embedded film), increased friction ability to absorb charged dust (fiberglass phase),…
- Gutsche’s special technologies apply to PTFE filter materials:
– Createx®: PTFE film coating technology on the surface of other filter materials as with PPS. Increase filter material life, increase filtration efficiency for fine dust (PM 2.5), and make it easier for dust cakes to separate from the surface of the material. Towards Zero Emission standards in the following industries: waste incineration, power generation, metallurgy, food industry, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals. When combined with Condutex, filter media can achieve a permanent antistatic effect (conductivity according to DIN 54345).
– Membratex®: Microporous structure membratex® and ePTFE Membrane – membrane technology can be applied to the surface of PTFE material itself, or applied integrated with other filter materials that need to enhance the ability to collect and resist oil,… meet low output emission requirements, form uniform filter dust cake on the surface and easy cleaning. Many waste incinerators in the world successfully operate with filter bags with membratex® surface coating, expanding with combustion equipment applications in the chemical industry, and kiln exhaust in the cement industry.
– Optivel®: Exclusive technology with a blend of PPS+PI and PTFE materials, creating PPS filter materials inherits the advantages of other materials and helps overcome the weaknesses of conventional PPS materials, improve durability, and dust filtration. Proven at many coal-fired boilers, burning garbage, and coal-fired power around the world.
– Antafin®: Surface treatment is oil and water-repellent, effective adhesion resistance to oil dust, oil mixing, increased resistance to acids, hydrolysis, and other chemicals, improved filtration performance, and mechanical stability (durability), very good results in incinerator applications, chemical, food, and metallurgical industries. Antafin®can also be used in combination with Membratex® to enhance non-stick in some specialized application cases.
– Microvel®: Micro-batt technology creates a needle-felt surface with a micro-filter, helping to meet the requirements of reducing emissions to zero (Zero outlet emissions). Microvel® enhances the cleaning ability and filtration efficiency of the filter, which extends product life, easy to apply to various kinds of polymer and mixed filter materials. The application is very wide, including the wood industry, drying, milling, cement, metallurgy, and incinerators at high-temperature levels.
- AOG’s special technologies apply to PTFE filter materials:
– Ultratech™: The optimum combination of chemical and thermal properties with a maximum continuous temperature rating of 250°C is usually not limited by gaseous chemicals.
– Twintech™/Duotech™: Expand microporous ePTFE membrane technology is laminated on a basic textile substrate. This PTFE film can help retain ultrafine dust particles on the surface but still ensure air permeability through microporous structures, increase the ability to separate dust from the surface, and improve filtration efficiency, besides the ability to protect filter materials from environmental chemicals.
– Staticguard™/Checkstatic™: Integrate conductive fibers into filter materials to reduce the possibility of static accumulation with the company’s Checkstatic™ conductive fiber technology.
– Glassbond™/ Glasstech™: As a branch of Duotech’s ePTFE laminated product line, Glasstech products often use impregnated woven glass fabrics as supports for ePTFE films. In these systems, filtration is carried out by a membrane mechanically supported by a woven fiberglass substrate.
Quality testing organizations, setting standards for filter materials:
- PTFE nonwoven fiber filter materials are manufactured according to the standards of density, weight, thickness, tension, tensile strength, heat resistance, air permeability, shrinkage, resistance to chemical effects (acids, alkalis, oxidation, hydrolysis,…).
- The quality of PTFE filter materials is practically verified in its laboratories as well as independent tests from the most prestigious standards organizations in the world.
Tan Thanh PTFE dust filter bag
Production and supply capacity of PTFE dust filter bags of TAN THANH
- With more than 12 years of experience in manufacturing and processing different types of PTFE dust filter bags, Tan Thanh staff are carefully trained by experts of Gutsche and AOG, understand the techniques, and produce high-quality PTFE bags, suitable and meet the strict requirements for each customer.
- With modern and automatic machinery lines, ISO 9001–2015 quality management system, Tan Thanh self-produces PTFE dust filter bags with high quality and uniformity, replacing imported goods to help businesses reduce investment costs, meet dust emission reduction targets, and environmental protection.
Structure of PTFE dust filter bag manufactured by Tan Thanh
- Model of PTFE dust filter bag of Tan Thanh:
- Tan Thanh will process according to the size and structure requirements of customers. Before processing, technicians will survey, measure and take samples, and ensure that the filter bag after installation must fit properly, and not leak dust out.
– Bag body: Depending on the requirements, the entire seam can be coated, to prevent fine dust from passing through and increase the service life of the bag.
– Bag top: The most common is the mouth of the bag made from an elastic steel ring – stainless steel (SUS 304).
– Bag bottom: Double-layer reinforced both bag leg and bag bottom.
– Sewing thread: 100% high strength PTFE.
– Bag size: Common diameter D135 – 165 (mm), length from 1,000 – 7,000 (mm).
- Watch Tan Thanh’s PPS dust filter bag introduction video:
(Video under construction)
Material reference table PTFE dust filter bag Tan Thanh:
– Air permeability varies with surface treatments and fabric thicknesses, such as Gutsche’s Antafin®, Createx®, or AOG’s Superbond™, etc.
– Temperature in dry conditions. The permissible operating temperature may have to be reduced according to actual operating conditions, chemical impacts, humidity,…
- Reference sources:
– GUTSCHE: Technical Data 2009. GUTSCHE porotex® Product Programme. Product Information Sheet: microvel®PL. Type: PL075LP10X2M410, Jan 2022, Alkegen).
– AOG: Arvind & OG Brochure, Adrew Product Brochure. Advanced Material Division (product specification). Product Information for FZZ0750FF-BAFM. Certificate of Analysis (COA 2017).
– SGS: Test Report Dec 20, 2021.
PTFE dust filter application manufactured by Tan Thanh
- PTFE filter bag is always the most optimal material in filter materials, it is used to treat the most “annoying” emissions such as: Coal-fired boiler, Waste incinerators, Carbon black production, Titanium dioxide (TiO2) Production, Power Plant, etc.
- Tan Thanh has a lot of experience in consulting and has applied PTFE dust filter bags for multi-fuel boilers, waste incinerators, drying ovens, and thermal power in Vietnam. Up to now, PTFE dust filter bags manufactured by Tan Thanh have been trusted by many customers to replace imported PTFE filter bags, not only meeting highly strict dust filter standards but also long-term use and easy maintenance and replacement as needed.
Customers use Tan Thanh PTFE dust filter bags
Typical customers use GUTSCHE PTFE Dust Filter Bags the world
GUTSCHE is renowned worldwide for its pioneering, proprietary technologies for the production of high-quality filter materials, and intelligent, superior filter material structures. With the ability to research and produce PTFE material lines combining many advantages of other material lines, the company is always the first choice for large boilers, furnaces, and thermal power systems worldwide.
Reference: Gutsche PTFE dust filter bags at a pulp factory in Biocell Pascov, Czech Republic.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT DUST FILTER BAGS
- What is PTFE Heat Resistant Dust Filter Bag
- Plans, steps to perform, maintain, clean, and replace dust filter bags
- How to check the dust filter bag yourself to prepare for replacement
- Use the service of checking and detecting punctured filter bags (dust drainage). Contact
- Can the dust filter system be improved, upgraded, or not? Contact
- PTFE coating – enhances chemical resistance for filter materials. Contact
- Glue coating seam dust filter bag – enhance fine dust filter. Contact
- Which dust filter bag is suitable
- DAT TIN and GUTSCHE LYDALL cooporation
- Distributor Certification from GUTSCHE ALKEGEN
- AOG Agent’s Certification
- QUACERT Quality Management System Certification